Monday, December 12, 2005

Happy Birthday, Daddy Dearest! (Ice-Cream Cake)

Another birthday in the family, this time it is daddy dearest. And that also means another opportunity for me to make a birthday cake which I approached with glee.
For this occassion, I decided on a "Ice-Cream Cake". Not difficult to make, just sandwich some ice-cream with sponge cake and frost it all over with whipped cream. The latter seems to be the hardest for me. The first time, I over-whipped the cream till it curdled and started turning into butter. The second time, the whipped cream melts faster than you can say "melt"! Look at the pictures below and you will understand.
I guess my kitchen's temperature is just too warm. : I

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ice-cream Cake that won't stay "frosted".
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Sliced. FYI, it's Vanilla & Choc Brownie ice-cream.

4 comments:

myCoffee said...

Hi Connie,
Very easy to assemble. Slice prepared sponge cake into 2. Put one into a pan with removable base. Then pour the ice-cream over it. Top with the other sponge cake. Cover and freeze until firm before frosting.
As for ice-cream, you have to put it in room-temperature (softened but not completely melted). When it is softened, Whisk it with hand-mixer until smooth and even before pouring onto the cake base.
HTH!

boo_licious said...

It looks really good. Yeah, our weather is just so hot. I wish my kitchen is air cond sometimes!

boo_licious said...

Merry Christmas mycoffee and family.

myCoffee said...

Thanks, boo_licious! Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to you too!