Sunday, December 04, 2005

Let's Feast on Pumpkins!

Halloween and Thanksgiving may be over but one does not need a particular festival to feast on pumpkins.
I bought a 1kg pumpkin today with the intention to experiment with making Pumpkin Paste tong shui (sweet consomme). Then I realised that I only needed 500g of it so that means I was left with another 500g.
A quick ponder, and I decided to make a Pumpkin Bread with half of the leftover and Chilled Pumpkin Jelly with the other half.
Luckily, I love pumpkins and so do most of the adults at home. Otherwise, the above trio would be an over-kill for us. :)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pumpkin Paste Tong Shui (Recipe here)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Chilled Pumpkin Jelly

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Based on this recipe for Sweet Potato Bread, I improvised and made:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Pumpkin Bread from the bread machine. (Improvised recipe here)

No comments: