Mom went to Penang recently, and with the head chef gone, that's how I ended up with this dish for dinner. Dad had a tooth taken out earlier in the day so ideally, dinner should involve food that did not require much chewing.
Steamed Tofu & Egg White with Seafood and Broccoli (or I could forget about the long description and simply call this dish Prosperity Tofu just because it sounds good eh?)
1 packet soft/silken tofu
1 large egg white, lightly beaten
Fillings: (Be creative here! You can add finely chopped carrots, corns, waterchestnuts, mushrooms - it's up to you, really.)
1 small broccoli, cut into florets
8 pcs of (imitation) crab meat with/without claws (or substitute with peeled prawns)
Seasoning (again, up to you. Suggestions include soy sauce, pepper, oyster sauce or sesame oil)
1) Mash tofu with fork. Add egg white and mix to combine.
2) Add the chopped fillings of your choice. Add seasonings. Combine well.
3) Pour into a microwaveable casserole dish.
4) Arrange the broccoli florets around the dish and the crab meats in the center.
5) Cover and microwave for about 2-5 minutes until tofu and egg mixture is done (texture should be like steamed eggs); or you could just steam it.
6) Garnish with some chopped cilantro or spring onions. Serve hot.