Thursday, October 19, 2006

Bakerzin, a Sweet Tooth's Heaven...

By now, I would say that Bakerzin has become a name synonymous with "sweets" and "desserts". A for a sweet tooth person like me, it is almost like a 2nd home - not quite, but close. (hehheh).

Why do I like them so much? Because I reckon that they go for quality instead of quantity. Have a peak at their cake counter and you would see that most of them are rather small in portion but take a bite and you will find that only fine ingredients are used in the cakes. One exception is their Apple Strudel, which is rather monstrous in size and in my opinion the most value-for-money that I came across so far. But that's another story...

I have a few favourites from Bakerzin but today I will just introduce one of them. Named "Sweet Pleasure", it is indeed what its namesake suggests. Here's the official description of this dessert..."Layers of hazelnut praline dacquoise, Jivara milk chocolate ganache with fleur de sel, topped with chocolate mousse." Aptly described, there is nothing else I could add except to give my two thumbs up!!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Layers of Sweet Pleasure
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And myCoffee's daily quintessential: Today's pick - Cafe Late.
Loved how it is prepared!


Bakerzin
1 Utama and Bangsar Shopping Village

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mm... "sweet pleasure" is a new product ? cause i've not seen it before I came here.. their cakes are pretty good and quite pricey as well.

myCoffee said...

Hi swee,
Hmm... I am not sure if this is a new product but I have had it a few times this year. Yup, pricey and smaller serving size, so that one is not so easily tempted to over-indulge ma...hehe

Anonymous said...

This bakery is amazing! Love it(: Try their Black Forest Cake next time. True indulgence(:

Anonymous said...

Sweet pleasure is my favourite-est cake in Bakerzin!
=)
I highly recommend their tapas too!