Sunday, October 15, 2006

MyCoffee Eats: Dinner @ Telawi Street Bistro (TSB)

A friend from Shanghai was in town recently. He said he has not been to Bangsar for ages and was keen to see the changes. So I brought him there and we had dinner at TSB.

I have been to TSB a few times although not recently. I rather like the place because I find their menu to be pretty interesting. Some of my favourites include their BBQ Salmon as well as their truffled mash.

All of us ended up having fish. My friend from Shanghai chose Cod with Nori while Ann chose Crispy Skin Sea Bass. I opted for another version of Cod, I think it was pan-fried.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cod with Nori Strips
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Crispy Skin Sea Bass
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Cod, pan-fried? Served with arugula salad.
Both my friends remarked that they like what they had although Ann said she couldn't figure out any 'crispy' part on her fish. As for myself, to be honest, I couldn't remember much about my dish. I reckon it was pretty alright albeit average, not something I would re-order. The flavour was rather subdued and the accompanying salad was just, erm, salad.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Caramelized banana tart
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lemon Tart
Here are the desserts. Ann and I shared the caramelized banana tart (could not recall actual name) while my other friend had the lemon tart. Not bad, but not much 'wow' factor either. If I really need to compare, I would say I prefered the lemon tart.

Telawi Street Bistro
1-3 Jalan Telawi 3
Bangsar Baru.
Tel: 03-2284 3168

No comments: