Friday, April 28, 2006

Almost a Total Disaster (Yummy Fudgey Brownie)

This was supposed to be a gift to a friend. Although I have never tried this recipe before, I was convinced that it would be good after seeing the recipe here.

I substituted with plenty of toasted almond flakes (I didn’t have any other type of nuts) and used Hershey’s cocoa powder and light brown sugar. Everything went well, and it smelled heavenly during baking.

Problem came when I tried inverting the brownie barely 10 minutes after baking. First of all, I forgot to line the pan and then I forgot to let it cool down completely in the pan. It’s not to hard to picture what happened next. The brownie fell and crumpled. So what I had was what I would call a “Deconstructed Brownie”. I tasted it, it was every bit as good as I expected it to be. But sadly, it was in no condition to be given as a gift. There goes my good intention and efforts….

But why did I say “almost a total disaster” instead of a total disaster? Well, rather than having this rather perfect-tasting brownie going to waste, I had it for myself. Now, I wouldn’t call this a disaster, would I? *wink*

This is a pic of the last piece of "deconstructed" borwnie. *hehheh*
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: