Sunday, June 04, 2006

Cookies Baking Day (Crispy Ginger Cinnamon Oatmeal & Puffy Cheese Cookies)

Suddenly in the mood to bake cookies instead of something heavier, say a cake. Picked these 2 recipes.

Crispy Ginger Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
Original recipe found here.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I really like these cookies. Crispy and not too sweet. Perfect for office-snacking. I added about 1/2tsp of ground ginger and 1/4tsp of cinnamon powder. I think I will double them up the next time for their taste were only faintly evident.

Puffy Cheese Cookies
Original recipe here.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I sprinkled sesame seeds and shredded cheese on top of the cut cookies prior to baking. These cookies puffed up during baking resulting in a really puffy and crispy cookies. Taste wise, you will feel as if you are eating puffy cheese sticks. Not a bad thing though.

No comments: