Thursday, September 01, 2005

Experiment with Tarts & Chilled Mooncake

I have baked egg tarts before but I have always taken the shortcut and used a ready-made frozen pie pastry bought from the store instead of making my own.

Recently, I tried making egg tarts from the scratch based on a much raved-about recipe from a forum that I subsribed too. And after making it, I understood what the rave was all about. These tarts are seriously good. The crust is rich and buttery, and the filling, delicious!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And for some added variation (actually, I ran out of the egg tart filling), Chocolate Almond Tart:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Since I have the time, also took the opportunity to try my hand at making some mini pandan 'pingpei' mooncakes with lotus paste. Mini because I mis-interpreted the recipe and used only half portion of the originally required filling. Otherwise, these are supposed to be full-sized mooncakes!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: