Thursday, September 15, 2005
Fly Me To The Moon (Baking Mooncakes, Part 2)
Are you ready for more mooncake pictures? Mooncake Festival is happening this Sunday, so it's either now or I got to wait for one whole year to make mooncakes again. ;-p
1) Teochew-styled Spiral Mooncakes with Mungbean Paste
* Supposed to use yam filling only to find out there wasn't any at the last minute. May make another attempt at it this weekend. By the way, the skin is really crispy!
Check out the inside!
2) Mini Yam-flavored Snow Skin Mooncakes
* Tried another different recipe. This seems to be more chewy and also nicer.
3) Baked Lotus Paste Mooncakes
* Tried another different recipe. This is softer than the previous one. Most prefer this one though.
So here you have it, Part II of my mooncake-making experience. Would you be terrified if I tell you that there is a Part III?
To be continued...