Thursday, August 24, 2006

There's Always a First Time for Everything (Vegan Pineapple Upside Down Cake & Pandan Butter Cake)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There always a first time for everything. And this is my first vegan cake (maybe not, but I can't seems to remember previous tries). Anyway, it is a Vegan Pineapple Upside Down Cake (although to me it seems more like a crustless pie since it was kind of flat). Relatively low fat as well, only 3T of oil in the cake. But the accompanying pineapple sauce made up the fat content (hehe).Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The cake can be serve warm or cold although I personally prefer it warm. It tasted good barely out from the oven with the sauce slathered all over.

Oh, I also baked a simple Pandan Butter Cake.Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

That's it, folks! This should be my last post for the month up till early September. Going for an outstation trip tomorrow followed by an overseas trip to Sydney. Yay!

4 comments:

Cuisine Paradise said...

Wow.. so u are going for an overseas tips to sydney..... that's good..... Take care and hope to see you around soon...

Unknown said...

Mycoffee, have fun whiile working too!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Mmmhhh, pandan! I love that taste... Your butter cake and upside down cake look delicious!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
pass by your blog and saw your pandan butter cake! could you post this recipe in your blog?
I really wan't to make a pandan butter cake and yours looks so delicious!

rgds