Sunday, July 30, 2006

More Pumpkins Please! (Golden Pumpkin Marbles)

Not satiated with the recent pumpkin dish and dessert I created, I made this savoury dish for dinner today. Something like the traditional Hakka dish called "Abacus Beads", this one uses pumpkins instead of yams.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Golden Pumpkin Marbles (based on this recipe by Gina at KC)
Not until someone asked me, "Why they don't look like typical abacus beads?", I remembered that I was supposed to shape them (by flattening them a little in the center to look like abacus beads). Then again, I think they look kinda cute the way they are. Small and round...., like marbles.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

viv, so cute..! how was it? I think this goes very well with the new Tomato Chilli sauce I made the other day. the chilli sauce is naturally flavoured with natural MSG from the tomatoes.

Cuisine Paradise said...

Wow.. this look interesting... i didn't know u can actually replace yam with pumpkin.... But like us who register and cannot get access to KC..then how do we get to try this special recipe...

Can u ask for premission to post the recipe here... Thanks. Cos i register 4 times also cannot being approve to KC as memeber. :(

Anonymous said...

yup same here...we're never approved of our membership in KC. i even wrote an email to gina but never got a reply. i think if they decide to stop taking in new members they shd at least inform us.

myCoffee said...

Thanks, Gina. Should thank you for the recipe. The Tomato Chilli sauce sounds interesting. Will come looking for you for recipe. ;)

Ellena & Evan,
Sorry to hear about the problem you are facing with registering at KC. I checked the bulletin and it seems that all new registerations are closed due to spammers on the board. But it seems that new members can still join upon nomination. I will try to speak to the moderator about your registeration.

myCoffee said...

Ellena and Evan,
Btw, I need your email add and the id name you have chosen. Please email them to me.

Cuisine Paradise said...

Thanks MyCoffee.. I already email u my details le.. hope to get approval soon.... :)

Anonymous said...

its ok viv, i don't think i'll join. will get the good recipes from you guys when you post them up =)