Sunday, October 09, 2005

Mission Accomplished! (Red Bean Pancake)

I like this dessert very much. Known as "wor ping" in Chinese, they are usually served at the end in Chinese wedding banquet dinners. They are usually very much worth looking forward too. So when I chanced upon this recipe and particularly when I discovered that it is relatively easy to make, I wasted no time in trying it out.
Do not under-estimate recipes. It was harder than I expected but probably due to my inexperience with the frying pan. My first pancake skin was torn while trying to flip it over. Subsequent ones fared better; practice really does make perfect.
My parents love the pancakes too. I only pan-fried two and froze the remaining two. They almost finished the whole thing. I reckon I will do this again and again. Then again, I guess I will wait until my maid is free before I attempt this again.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Red Bean Pancake

No comments: